Elephant Gorge Camp is located in Kimana Group ranch, Amboseli.
Elephant Gorge Camp – Situated in an untouched exclusive concession the camp and the area guarantee privacy and an abundance of wildlife. The story of roaming giants lives strong within the land perfectly captured by the “The Elephant Gorge Camp” a true adventures paradise where the spirit of the land and that of man live as one. At the heart of this splendor lays the custodians of the savanna “The Maasai”.
The camp accommodates only up to 10 guests at a time offering them outstanding service and loads of adventures/activities to keep their days and nights fun and interesting
- Spectacular views of Mt. Kilimanjaro, the highest free standing mountain in the world
- Large herds of African elephants
- Two of the five major protected swamps including a dried-up
Contemporary Maasai culture and indigenous lifestyle
- One of the best wildlife-viewing experiences in the world with 400 species of birds including water birds, pelicans, kingfishers, crakes, hammerkops and 47 types of raptors.
Home to many wildlife species including African elephants, cape buffalos, impala, lions, cheetahs, spotted hyenas, giraffe, zebras and wildebeests among other African animals.
HOW TO GET THERE
- The Main Amboseli airstrip is about 35km drive to the camp ~
- Private airstrips are about 8km drive to camp
- Daily flights to Amboseli from Nairobi Wilson airport
- Private charter flights also available depending on client group requirements
PAYMENT OPTIONS (AT CAMP)
Cash (US$ notes newer than 2009, Euro, GBP, KSH)
Visa & MasterCard, no Debit cards
**Accommodation payments to be made in advance**
All tips are at the guests discretion. As a guideline, we recommend tips in the region of US$ 10 to 25 per guest per night for camp staff. A communal tip box will be available at the reception.
- Elephant Gorge Camp uses electricity generated by solar.
- Rooms have 240v electricity running on solar. Lights run off the inverter, and therefore work 24 hours.
- Other lighting means will include torches, lamps & candles
- Guests can recharge their camera batteries in the main lounge
- Guests are recommended to bring converters & universal plug adaptors.
All dining will take place at the main lounge.
The camp has a daily set menu.
Please inform us about any dietary requirements or allergies prior to arrival.
Bush dining can be arranged upon request (additional cost USD$60 per person
Breakfast: 06h00 to 10h00
Lunch: 12h30 to 14h30
Dinner: 19h00 to 22h00
Bottled drinking water is provided free of charge.
ELEPHANT GORGE VEHICLES
All above vehicles are open, with sun cover, which can fold down in bad weather. The vehicles have, cool box, (drinks are available anytime),
When necessary, guests may have to share their vehicle with others, unless ‘Exclusive Use of Vehicle’ has been paid for.
- Altitude: 1150 meters above sea level
- Temperature ranges from 20-30°C and rainfall average of 350 mm
- Two rain seasons: Long rains – March & April & short rains – November / December
Preventative Malaria medication is recommended.
Long clothing for the evening is also recommended.