THE ESSENTIAL PACKING LIST
Packing for your Elephant Gorge Camp (EGC) safari should be an exciting experience and remember, don’t get carried away; stick to the essentials. EGC offers daily laundry service (No Dry Cleaning available).
EGC will supply the following items that will assist in freeing up a little space in your luggage:
- All toiletries including bodywash, shampoo and conditioner
- Torches for the nigh time (Feel free to carry your own)
The Essentials to carry:
- Comfortable, easy soft cotton wear
- Something warm for the evening (a light jacket /fleece)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- The 3Ss (Sunhat, Sunglasses and Sunblock)
- A camera, spare memory cards, charging equipment and binoculars
- Medical kit (your prescription medicines) ** EGC will have a basic first aid kit available on site
- An extra pair of reading glasses (if you need them)
What to wear:
It’s advisable to pack comfortable closed-toe shoes and neutral clothing. During your morning and afternoon game drives, you’ll stop for a break or your guide might show you something on foot and so it’s often practical to be wearing comfortable, closed footwear (trainers or hiking shoes). Definitely pack cool and light sandals and flip flops for wearing around the lodge. Out on a game drive or bush walk, wearing neutral clothing is essential for blending into the natural environment.
Weather is often unpredictable and it is always good to be prepared for either, extreme – hot, cold or wet weather. So pack a few layers in light cotton clothing but also warmer fabrics. Long sleeved shirts, trousers and rain gear are recommended.